One of the main advantages of this airport is the vast selection of options you'll find to move from it or to it. Regardless of your budget or the time you have to get to your destination, there is certainly an option that matches your needs.
Airport IATA Code: SFO
San Francisco International Airport Key Information
San Francisco International Airport is a major hub that helps connect the west coast to both Europe and Asia. Located only 13 miles out of San Francisco, SFO is the largest in the Bay Area. Second to LAX in traffic with nearly 58 million travellers visiting it each year.
San Francisco International Airport Information
Complete Physical Address:
- Phone: +1 650-821-8211
- Open 24hs
Terminals & Airlines @ Each Terminal:
- San Francisco International Airport counts with 3 domestic terminals (T1, T2, and T3) located at its center and two International terminals (A and G) located on its sides. Passengers can connect to certain terminals without exiting and re-entering security. You can move through terminals using SFO's AirTrain. A fully automated people mover that helps you transfer terminals in a convenient manner by means of two lines. Both the Red Line and the Blue Line connect all terminals, terminal garages and the BART Station. However, the Blue Line connects the Rental Car Center as well. AirTrain operates 24 hours every day.
What are my transportation options?
Getting to San Francisco International Airport
Getting to and from SFO is very easy. Whatever your travel plans, the city and airport have convenient options to get you on your way.
Passengers are recommended to take public transit whenever possible and there are plenty of options to choose from.
- rapid rail connects SFO to San Mateo County, San Francisco and the East Bay.
- commuter rail also serves SFO (take BART to Millbrae and transfer).
- bus routes SFO, ECR, 292, 397 and 398 link SFO to San Mateo County, San Francisco and Palo Alto.
The Comfort Option, a Prebooked Driver
Booked through Mozio with their local partner Elife Limo, from San Francisco International Airport, a private all inclusive sedans to downtown San Francisco start at $58 and offer comfort and convenience at the same time since professional drivers wait for you with your name on a sign making the process of locating your driver easier.
The Speedy Option, RideShare Apps
The Frugal Option, San Francisco's County's Public Transportation Network
Common Destinations From San Francisco International Airport (and how to get there...)
San Francisco: runs the YL-N Antioch line to 12th St / Oakland. There is some walking involved when using . Cost of the one way ticket is approximately $10.15. Otherwise, prebook a ride with 's local partner Elife Limo starting at $96.
- Berkeley: runs the YL-N Antioch line to 12th St / Oakland where you can board the line to Berkeley ran by AC Transit. There is some walking involved when using . Prebook a ride with 's local partner, Elife Limo, with fares starting at $85.
- Palo Alto: runs the PR-S line to Millbrae where you can board the line to Palo Alto. The cost of the ride is approximately $11.30 using . Prebook a ride with 's local partner Wingz starting at $58.
- San Mateo: Local will take you from SFO Airport Terminal G - Lower Level to Hwy 101 & 3rd Ave in San Mateo. The alternative is which stops at S Delaware St & Cypress Ave. The cost of any of these for a one way ticket is $2.25 and both services are provided by . Prebook a ride with with rates starting at $39 for local partner Wingz.
- Redwood City: Local will take you from SFO Airport Terminal G - Lower Level to El Camino Real & Brewster Avenue in Redwood City. The cost of a one way ticket is $2.25 and the service is provided by . Prebook a ride with with rates starting at $58 for local partner Elife Limo.
Are Rideshare & TaxiApps Readily Available at SFO?
$4.85 per Mile
$4.61 per Mile
Rideshare and Taxi Pickup Instructions
Rideshare Apps can collect from the International and Domestic terminals. However, designated areas have been established for this type of transportation. For international terminals, both pickup and drop-off are performed to the center island on the roadway located at the departures level. For domestic terminals, pickups are at level 5 of the parking garage. It is advisable to check the designated pickup location according to your Rideshare App. Selecting a drop-off at the garage to avoid traffic is advised during peak hours.
Taxis also have designated areas which are located in the center island roadway for arrivals and baggage claim levels in all terminals. Taxi coordinators help passengers with questions and concerns from 7am to 2am. You can distinguish them since they wear a uniform. If necessary, wheelchair accessible vehicles can be found with the assistance of a taxi coordinator or by calling *1191 from any airport courtesy phone.
Stores and Restaurants
Airports of the caliber of San Francisco International Airport allow for a vast selection. A total of 73 shops ranging from small markets, bakeries, coffee shops, pubs, and wineries cater to the most varied tastes.
You'll also find a collection of high end fashion brands such as Burberry, Coach, Gucci, Hermes. Accessories stores such as Sunglass Hut and Swarovski. Cosmetics stores such as Jo Malone and Kiehl's.
As most airports after 9/11, SFO does not allow baggage storage in the premises.
Six parking lots are available at San Francisco Airport. Long Term Surface lot with 830 spots, International A 1252 spots, International G 1107 spots, Domestic 2650 spots, Long Term Garage 6500 spots. All of these charge $2 per each 15 minutes increment with a maximum cap at $18 for 24 hours for the Long Term parkings and $36 for the International or Domestic parkings. Valet parking is also available (150 spots) at $45 for the first 24 hours and $2 per each 15 minute increment with a maximum cap of $45 per 24 hours.
Major airlines operating from SFO count with a lounge. Air France and KLM, American Airlines Admirals Club, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Delta's Sky Club, Emirates, Japan Airlines's Sakura Lounge, Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Lounge, Virgin Atlantic's Club House Lounge join five United Club locations as well as American Express with The Centurion Lounge.