Possibly due to the size of the island, Palma de Mallorca has not yet expanded their transportation option to more modern means of transport including apps. However, they make up for it with an effective public transportation network and different private options on top of car rental.
Airport IATA Code: PMI
Palma de Mallorca Airport Key Information
Built in the 20's for seaplanes and then expanded in the 60's, Palma de Mallorca's airport is the principal in the Balearic Islands and the third most important airport in Spain, Palma de Mallorca's airport has become one of the most transited stations for world travellers seeking to visit this jewel of the mediterranean. Also known as Son Sant Joan Airport, PMI has four terminals (A for domestic flights, B, C, and D for International flights) and covers an area of 6.3km2 allowing it to serve a maximum of 25 million passengers per year. It's located 8km from Palma de Mallorca city allowing easy access from the city either by bus or taxi among many other private car options with or without chauffeur.
Palma de Mallorca Airport Information
Complete Physical Address:
- Phone: +34 913 21 10 00
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6am to 11pm
Terminals & Airlines @ Each Terminal
- Palma de Mallorca Airport has four Terminals. A for Domestic flights, B, C, and D for International flights. All terminals are connected between each other and can be walked through without much effort.
What are my transportation options?
Getting to Palma de Mallorca Airport
The Comfort Option, a Prebooked Driver
The Speedy Option, a Professional Driver
The Frugal Option, Palma's Public Transportation Network
Take the 1P (also known as A1) line to Palma city center which runs every 9 minutes from 6am to 2am (1am in the low season between November and April). This line connects the airport with the city's main touristic points and also the seafront promenade ending at the Paseo de Mallorca.
Take the 21 (also known as A2) line to S'Arenal which runs every 17 minutes from 7am to 12am (10pm in the low season between November and April). This line connects the airport with the tourist and residential areas of Can Pastilla, Playa de Palma and s’Arenal.
Common Destinations From Palma de Mallorca Airport (and how to get there...)
Local bus connects Palma with Pollensa. Single ticket costs 5.50€. Take line 1 to Palma and then board the 340 line to Pollensa. Prebook a ride with 's local partner My Transfers starting at $98.
- Cala d'Or: Local bus connects the airport with Cala d'Or. Single ticket costs 9€. Prebook a ride with 's local partner My Transfers starting at $107.
- Port d'Alcudia: Local bus connects the airport with Port d'Alcudia. Single ticket costs 9€. Prebook a ride with 's local partner, My Transfers, with fares starting at $98.
- Palma Nova: Local bus connects the airport with Palma Nova. Single ticket costs 5.50€. Prebook a ride with .
- Magaluf: Local bus connects the airport with Magaluf. Single ticket costs 5.50€. Prebook a ride with with rates starting at $49 with local partner My Transfers.
- Port de Soller: Local bus connects Palma with Port de Soller. Single ticket costs 2.95€. Take line 1 to Palma and then board the 340 line to Pollensa. Line 210 also connects Palma with Port de Soller but has more stops making the trip much longer. The Vintage (Soler Train) is another way to get to Soller and enjoy the views at the same time. Prebook a ride with 's local partner My Transfers with rates starting at $74.
- Cala Millor: Local bus connects the airport Cala Millor. Single ticket costs 12€. A prebooked ride with local provider My Transfers booked through starts at $109.
- Can Picafort: Local bus connects the airport with Can Picafort. Single ticket costs 10€. Prebook a ride with 's local partner My Transfers starting at $98.
- Santa Ponça: Local bus connects the airport with Santa Ponça. Single ticket costs 7€. Prebook a ride with 's local partner My Transfers for $53.
- Peguera: Local bus connects the airport with Peguera. Single ticket costs 7€. Find a Ride with 's local partner Book Taxi Group with rates starting at $76.
- Cala Bona: Local bus connects the airport with Cala Bona. Single ticket costs 12€. Prebook a ride with .
Are Rideshare & TaxiApps Readily Available at PMI?
Why are Rideshare & TaxiApps Not Available at PMI? Rideshare and TaxiApps are not available in the majority of Spanish cities as local regularion prohibits their activity.
Stores and Restaurants
In addition to Mallorca's Duty Free shops, you'll find a curated selection of shops in varied categories such as Food (Chocolat Bank, GourMed, Sibarium), Jewelry (Tous and Swarovski), Fashion and Accessories (Adolfo Dominguez, Camper, Hard Rock Mallorca, Mango, Parfois, Sunglass Hut, Victoria's Secret), and a pharmacy.
A selection of cafes, restaurants, and fast food joints, are available at Palma airport. Cafe shops include Costa Coffee, Deli&Cia, Lavazza, and Starbucks. For tapas and beer you can hit Carlsberg, Exploring the World, Warsteiner, Lizarran, and Sa Cala. Fast Food options include Burger King, McDonalds, Subway, and Upper Crust. The restaurant choice is limited to Flavours of the World, Es Rebost, Ribs, and Son Sant Joan.
PMI offers a vast array of parking options depending on your needs (General Parking, Long-Stay car park, First class parking, VIP Parking with valet service, Express VIP Car Park.). 4 floors of parking spaces dedicated to general parking with 24hs service, security and surveillance for vehicles up to 2.10mts high. Parking can be booked in advance through their website for stays of a minimum of 8 hours with a discount if booked in advance.
Palma de Mallorca Airport offers a surprisingly vast selection of VIP lounges with complete services. Access is $38 for adults and $18 for children regardless of which lounge you visit. In Terminal A you'll find Llevant (currently closed for remodelling) and Valldemossa lounge which is located in the passenger-only zone on the second floor of the departures area serves both Schengen and non-Schengen flights from 6am to 11pm. In terminal C, you'll find Mediterraneo lounge near the boarding area open from 6am to 11pm. Formentor lounge is located in terminal D near the boarding area in floor 0 and opens from 5am to 12am. You can contact them by phone at 00 34 971 787 694 or email email@example.com for general questions and reservations.
As most airports after 9/11, PMI does not allow baggage storage in the premises.