We are hiring Head of Front-End
Become a part of a growing team and lead it to infinity and beyond.
Founded in 2012, Mozio was born out of our founders' experiences travelling to over 60 countries and struggling to find the best local options for getting around.
A technology company at heart, Mozio is focused on helping connect customers, local companies, and global travel brands to turn what can be one of the most confusing parts of any trip – traveling in an unfamiliar place - into a delightful experience.
Whether by train, bus, shuttle, sedan, taxi, limo, water taxi, motorcycle or helicopter, travelers using Mozio’s technology can search for and book the right option for them.
Mozio’s technology solutions enable travel brands to drive customer loyalty and effectively monetize on the “last mile” of every trip.
Due to our rapid growth, we are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our engineering team as the Head of Front End. In the beginning, it will be a more hands-on position and in the nearest future, we will hire more FE devs. The Head of FE will manage them on the tech level, will interview new devs, and decide whom to hire from the tech perspective. The ideal candidate is able to understand the business rationale and lead the team toward prioritizing and finalizing the most relevant projects.
React as a view library and Redux for global state management with React Hooks when appropriate, Jest for unit testing, Flow for static types checking, and CSS-in-js. We use bare Webpack for building projects and shifted to CRA in various places.
What you’ll do
* Lead and evolve Mozio’s frontend team
* Grow Mozio’s frontend engineering culture values
* Develop a multi-year strategy for the frontend team
* Build, communicate and execute technical strategy for Mozio’s frontend architecture
What you’ll need
* Engineering experience: 5+ years of FE development and 3+ with React
* People management experience (product companies are a plus)
* Experience building sustainable technological foundation for frontend applications using React
* Strong prioritization and project management skills, understanding of business impact for various solutions
* Result-focused, data-driven engineering strategy development skills
* Understanding trade-offs for different architectures, comfortable making decisions, and well-reason them
* Proficiency in English and outstanding communication skills
What’s in it for you
In exchange for their hard work and dedication, Mozio's engineering team members receive:
* Competitive salary
* Ability to work remotely from anywhere
* Flexible vacation policy
What are our values?
- We communicate constantly with each other
- We take ownership over all our assignments
- We trust and rely on each other
- We are creative and proactive
- We learn from each mistake and capitalize our lessons learned
Who are we looking for to staff this open position?
We only hire top-performing individuals who care about being challenged and successful.
We trust they will be motivated by the inner drive to produce the best results, and will be proud of work well done.